SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
We are looking for people to do mini reviews (like one paragraph) of aftermarket items such as the Slot.It guides I did last week, replacement tyres, spares in general, track accessories, etc.

It will involve one small picture of the item and then a small piece stating what it is for and whether in your opinion it is a worthwhile accessory, replys and other remarks will be possible.

They should be posted in the 'Racing and Tuning' area and will have the 'buy it here' buttons added by the Admin.

Topic Title should be whatever the item is and Topic Description should read 'Product guide'

The idea is to build up a product database to make choosing and options clearer to people.

There is no need to ask before posting but please take a short while to make sure someone else has not already covered it.

As a guide to the review comments - they should be clear, balanced and well thought out. The Items product code should be included but there should be NO pointer to retailers, keep it a simple 'what it is' review.

Thanks in advance for your help, together we can keep this Forum growing, increase its usefulness and maintain its exciting edge.

The Admin reserve the right to remove submissions we feel are not contributory to the Forum. We will contact the contributor in any case like this and explain why.

Lastly do not feel you are too new to the Hobby or not good enough to have a go! Often a 'newbie' will have an outlook on the validity of something that is overlooked by those with more time in the Hobby and these are just as important.

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
QUOTE Lastly do not feel you are too new to the Hobby or not good enough to have a go! Often a 'newbie' will have an outlook on the validity of something that is overlooked by those with more time in the Hobby and these are just as important.
Wise words from the Swiss one!

I can't emphasize my agreement here strongly enough.
REALLY - sometimes the more experienced people deal with what seem like trivial snags in auto-pilot mode, completely forgetting that newcomers might have difficulties.
So please don't be shy!

·
John Roche
4,212 Posts
If you don't mind the perspective of a routed track I'd be happy to. The only draawback is that I don't have a digital camera.

Cheers,

John

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
That's the whole point Inte'..

YOU do what YOU are interested in and what you consider will be useful for others mate.

vfr750 - not necessarily a prerequisite! just email one of the Admin and we will get you a photo of the item, uploaded for you already or not.
This goes for anyone wanting to help here without a camera.

ANY TRACK TYPE. ANY CAR TYPE. The bigger and more varied the Product guide the better resource it will become.
Actually the ONLY stipulation I would place for now is that it be 1/32nd scale.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
oh ooops.. please excuse me I'm ill.. I have a stomach ache and a sore index finger.. how this affects my sight i dont know but I'm not well

anyway.. wheels, motor, then gears.. oh that reminds me

how about having a new forum for these quick reviews? call it um er well er a hmm er review forum?

Rob.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts