SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 1053 Posts

·
Registered
7,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most motor racing folk look back to their favourite eras from time to time because we have brains that store memories. Like all 'disciplines' motor sport, in all its forms, has gone through highs and lows, but even during troughs, we can often reflect on something that has been stored in our minds with affection.

As usual your views and images will always be of great interest. And thanks.

A few memory joggers below.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A few more memory joggers.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
LOVE that pic of Jim Clark chatting to Dan Gurney while sitting on the exhaust pipes of his Lotus 25.
thumbsup.gif

I hope they hadn't been running the engine recently or we'd only be able to see his feet in the next pic!
ohmy.png

·
Registered
7,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The Auto-Union team below preparing for the French Grand Prix at Reims, 1939. The event was won by HP Muller in his Auto-Union not long before mankind entered one of the darkest periods of history.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
An Isotta en route to second place during the 1907 Targa Florio. Although the first Targa road race started a year earlier, the presence of these thundering, relatively new machines must have come as a surprise to many in Sicily.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Very cool photos Laurence! Thank you very kindly for posting.
thumbsup.gif

I just acquired a D50 body kit. My humble apologies in advance that it won't be red.
biggrin.png

·
Registered
7,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Stumbley and Ken

I've raced the D50 below regularly for a very long time. It almost never deslots and looks fabulous in my view.

Look forward to your D50 build, Ken. The only other authentic colour is yellow, of course, but I've often thought that the D50's styling rather lends itself to metallic silver, or even the same shade of blue used on your Type 50B Bugatti.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Le Mans, 1971. A distance record by the winning 917, and a field of powerful, fast and exciting cars.

Motor Sport gave little space for its report, and recorded that the event was dull and uninteresting - a reflection on Motor Sport rather than Le Mans.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 1053 Posts