SlotForum banner
2041 - 2060 of 2209 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,527 Posts
I recall roughly 25 years ago that a 'hot-rodder' took his highly modified Gullwing to Bonneville. Its 3-litre engine was a real fire-breather that even included nitrous oxide.

To cut a long story short, his car managed 157mph, which is 2mph faster than a standard Gullwing fitted with the high-ratio final drive unit...
This is an interesting story which is revealed by Google searches. The car appears to be Marmite! From the reactions, folk either love it or hate it. Whichever, it certainly sounds good.

It is owned by Bob Sirna and was originally driven on the salt by John Fitch in 2004. Since then it has made several other visits in an attempt to get the class record of 173 mph. The final incarnation appears to have been with a Rousch prepared engine dyno'd at 427 bhp, so it should have gone well. The videos are very coy at either giving speeds, or why it didn't make them, although fuel pump problems were alluded to in one comment.

·
Registered
15,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,057 ·
'Twas said of the Tullius Jags that they suffered from having been so overweight. Having walked around them when they were devoid of front and rear lids, I couldn't imagine how they could go on a diet. The best looking Jaguars ever made in my view.

2041 - 2060 of 2209 Posts