Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right then, I bought a SCX Merc CLK DTM last week, not really a big SCX fan but I liked the look of the car and my local retailer had nowt else that light my fire so to speak, It's by no means the ultimate slot car but after some minor fettling I've grown to like it,

Now it's the only DTM car I have in my collection, so off course I need another one to race against

My list is(I would normally just buy all three, but being january and my motorbike needs a new back tyre/wifes elaborate lifestyle to fund etc etc etc
I'll only be buying one this month!!!!),

SCX Opel Astra - would this be more of the same as the CLK, which sharing the same running gear I'd expect it would be, but I have read the odd scribblings!!! that it the pick of the SCX DTM bunch?

Ninco BMW M3 - Also read that this has a bit of a following and worthy of the cash but I want something thats going to be competitive with my CLK and my thoughts were it might be a damn site faster than my RX41 powered CLK.

Scalextric CLK - I really like the look of the black AMG one, but my main concern about this is it will perform similar to my Scalextric Porsche GT3R's which is not a bad thing(in my book anyway) but my SCX CLK has the magnet at it's weakest position and is not as stuck down as the GT3R's handling wise and I want something in the same ball park driveabiltiy wise as the SCX CLK,

So anybody and everybody feel free to air your opinions on what car you think I'd be best going for first,

Regards
Sunny

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Scalemodels also have the SCX Mercedes for £16!

And a pair of Scalextric Mercedes and Opels for £35.

I know what I would do.

Hey Coopdevil. Nows your chance!

Moped

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
the astra is probalbly the best match for the clk the m3 would be to fast and not really good compotition the same with da scaly clk to fast. when looking for compotition for any car i follow my rule bieng try to get a car from the same manufacture.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Grrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!
£16 for the SCX Merc ho hum I paid the £24.50 from me local shop!!! ah well not to worry,

The Astra does look tempting for a meagre £16 though,

Mind you so does the two Scaley DTM Merc and Astra for £35 hmmm, however not in a Scaley mood, bit to sanitised, prefer the er rougher feel to SCX cars these days(also feel's a bit more rewarding when I get them running smoother/quieter),

I think so far the SCX Astra looking like it will be the next purchase!!!! mind you the M3 could still be in with a shout!!!

Regards
Sunny

·
Registered
448 Posts
QUOTE I think so far the SCX Astra looking like it will be the next purchase!!!! mind you the M3 could still be in with a shout!!!

Ah, just go for both!

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
They are growing on me too! I think that they go ok in a same make series class? That kinda makes sense as the manufacturer intends that to be the case with any car as no other firm produces slot cars do they?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I went for the SCX Astra in the end!!!! and for the princely sum of £16(well £17.20 after p&p), thanks for the opinion guys,

Regards ps a Ninco BMW M3 is looking good for my next purchsae though!!!
Sunny

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
That BMW goes like stink at ours...a real contender. Good at Wrexham Int? Come on spill the beans mate!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts