SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Hey there!

Video of the new Fly A205 Zwaans Viper is now available at;

click here

The movie is in mpg format and is 10.7 MB in size.

I personally believe that this is the best slot car ever produced. Congatulations Fly, this car is simply stunning. With magnet fitted this is the fastest car around my track by seven tenths of a second. Without magent, as this was filmed, and with PPR Supertires fitted the car is predictable and smooth.

I hope you like the movie

Julian.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
This is really superb!!!

Congratulations! This IS the coolest slot-video I have ever seen...

The track is great too! Nice layout and scenery!!!
Keep them coming!!!

PS: I didn't know the Zwaans Viper livery was made with lights too!
Or did you do it yourself?

Amazed Greetz

Gunther

·
Jim Moyes
5,002 Posts
Excellent work again J!

Good to see you nurturing your non-mag side

Just a thought, but your Cobra vid hasn't been on SlotForum has it?

A link may be required for all the new peeps here.

Mr.M

·
Registered
256 Posts
I must say this car is awesome i have a good collection of fly vipers and this one is by far the the best in detail i know it is sacrilidge but i will not be using it on track

it will sit on my display shelf with the others and whenever i am tempted to just give it a test i can just run your awesome movie and hopefully that will suffice

great job budd!

love the sountrack also

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts
Julian,

Brilliant! Love the humour, envy the talent - and the scenery.

You'll appreciate this. After the first playing my wife, hearing the music, walked in. I expained what it was and who made it and played it again. Seconds in it started.

"He's got a nice track. Same buildings as you, but his is all nicely laid out, Why haven't you got your like that? Look, he's even got bits down the middle (grass in between the hairpin)"

I give up.

Scott

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey there!

Thanks guys, glad you like it

LOL @ Scott, sorry mate
I like the way your wife notices all the small details though, she can come around to the loft anytime!!

Paul, the new vipers are great to run without mags too which greatly cuts down on the amount of damage caused, give it a go, you may be surprised. However saying this I bought 2, one for the cabinet with the other 20 or so and one for the video and racing.

Gunther, thanks for the very kind words. The A205 does not come with lights fitted but Fly do have a seperate kit available that you can add. The usual retailers have them available right now! Of course if you install them in this car you cannot add the central lights (there is a place on the circuit board for two extra front lights) as the covers are on.

Mr.M good point Sir, my first video (MPG 7.4MB) of an MRRC Cobra doing a lap of my previous circuit is also available on my website here;

CLICK ME!

Cheers,

J.

·
Registered
721 Posts
The work you have done on these videos is really top notch with excellent editing and just the right speed. Now the next thing I would like to see is a driver's view. A 1/32 "Lap of the Gods" would be great but then I'm not asking too much am I? Keep up the great work. To call these professionally done is no exaggeration.

·
Registered
458 Posts
if your not gonna race it buy a die cast model dipstick
sorry, needed to be said, i belive that all slotcars should be raced, and to their full potential, not at 0.1mph they should be driven as quick as they can go sorry its just my personal opinion

·
Registered
256 Posts
QUOTE (compound_goose @ 7 Aug 2004, 19:45)if your not gonna race it buy a die cast model dipstick
sorry, needed to be said, i belive that all slotcars should be raced, and to their full potential, not at 0.1mph they should be driven as quick as they can go sorry its just my personal opinion

i do race them it is just a very select few that get confined to the cabinet and my vipers and gaugemaster's are them !

·
Registered
549 Posts
Slik, this is excellent, thank you for posting this. I have sent the link to Fly and await their comments too.

Aaron

·
Alan Tadd
4,030 Posts
Very well produced video Julian, the start is especially effective. I'm afraid I can't hear the sound 'cause my Soundcard has paced up!.

Your layout also looks very good, I was a little concerned about using the Radius One Hairpin on my layout but the Viper seemed to take it very easily, do all your cars take it so well?.

Regards

Alan

·
Jim Moyes
5,002 Posts
QUOTE (slik @ 6 Aug 2004, 22:46)Without magent, as this was filmed, and with PPR Supertires fitted the car is predictable and smooth.
Best you load it in your race case and bring it on down to Bolwextric while we're still running the Fly front motored GT class!

Mr.M

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
QUOTE (Mr Material UK @ 8 Aug 2004, 23:35)QUOTE (slik @ 6 Aug 2004, 22:46) Without magent, as this was filmed, and with PPR Supertires fitted the car is predictable and smooth.
Best you load it in your race case and bring it on down to Bolwextric while we're still running the Fly front motored GT class!

Mr.M
Good idea Mr.M, especially as we have only raced them once since joining Farnham, however I am working this Thursday evening
Are you running them next week?

BEEJAY, the hairpins are both Radius one squeezes as they seem to be negotiated more smoothly than the standard R1s, I know it cuts down on the overtaking on that part of the track but it has been working very well and giving us plenty of good racing over ther past year. Yes, all my cars go round them equally well, with the exception maybe of the motorbikes!

Thanks again to everybody for your kind words and of course Nuro for this wonderful site. All the great comments make me think this was time well spent.

Cheers,

J.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts