SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
423 Posts
Hey there!

Video of the new Fly A205 Zwaans Viper is now available at;

click here

The movie is in mpg format and is 10.7 MB in size.

I personally believe that this is the best slot car ever produced. Congatulations Fly, this car is simply stunning. With magnet fitted this is the fastest car around my track by seven tenths of a second. Without magent, as this was filmed, and with PPR Supertires fitted the car is predictable and smooth.

I hope you like the movie

Julian.

· Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey there!

Thanks guys, glad you like it

LOL @ Scott, sorry mate
I like the way your wife notices all the small details though, she can come around to the loft anytime!!

Paul, the new vipers are great to run without mags too which greatly cuts down on the amount of damage caused, give it a go, you may be surprised. However saying this I bought 2, one for the cabinet with the other 20 or so and one for the video and racing.

Gunther, thanks for the very kind words. The A205 does not come with lights fitted but Fly do have a seperate kit available that you can add. The usual retailers have them available right now! Of course if you install them in this car you cannot add the central lights (there is a place on the circuit board for two extra front lights) as the covers are on.

Mr.M good point Sir, my first video (MPG 7.4MB) of an MRRC Cobra doing a lap of my previous circuit is also available on my website here;

CLICK ME!

Cheers,

J.

· Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
QUOTE (Mr Material UK @ 8 Aug 2004, 23:35)QUOTE (slik @ 6 Aug 2004, 22:46) Without magent, as this was filmed, and with PPR Supertires fitted the car is predictable and smooth.
Best you load it in your race case and bring it on down to Bolwextric while we're still running the Fly front motored GT class!

Mr.M
Good idea Mr.M, especially as we have only raced them once since joining Farnham, however I am working this Thursday evening
Are you running them next week?

BEEJAY, the hairpins are both Radius one squeezes as they seem to be negotiated more smoothly than the standard R1s, I know it cuts down on the overtaking on that part of the track but it has been working very well and giving us plenty of good racing over ther past year. Yes, all my cars go round them equally well, with the exception maybe of the motorbikes!

Thanks again to everybody for your kind words and of course Nuro for this wonderful site. All the great comments make me think this was time well spent.

Cheers,

J.

· Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
QUOTE (cheater @ 8 Aug 2004, 23:59)Slik,

I'd be interested in knowing what hardware and software you are using to produce such excellent video clips. Care to share them?
Hey there Cheater!

No problem sharing my methods mate.

The footage was all shot on a DV camera, just a little Sony PC100E although I am hoping to get either a Canon XL1 or Sony PD150 later on in the year.

This was then imported into my iBook via Firewire and edited in iMovie 4. Although iMovie is very simple to use it creates some great results and is just a whole lot quicker then using Final Cut Pro or Express for this sort of project.

When finished with editing I export from iMovie as a DV stream and then convert it to Mpg using Cleaner 6. Job Done!

If you have more specific questions please either drop me an email or send me a PM and I will do my best to help.

Cheers,

Julian.

· Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
QUOTE (Fangio @ 9 Aug 2004, 19:42)Nice movies.

Is there anywhere on the Internet i can see more pictures of your track?

Hey there Fangio!

Glad you liked them. I will be updating my site with all new pictures of my cars and current track in the next few days.

Check out the site at the weekend

Here is a plan of it though and a few that are already floating around cyber space;

Not the best photos I'm afraid.

Cheers,

Julian.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.