SlotForum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

· Jim Moyes
6,522 Posts
QUOTE (slik @ 8 Aug 2004, 23:48)Good idea Mr.M, especially as we have only raced them once since joining Farnham, however I am working this Thursday evening
Are you running them next week?
That's a date then J!

This week is Liphook anyway, so that works out well. "My" night at Bolwextric is fortnightly, at the moment!

You'll also need a Caterham, a Ninco 2wd Hatch and a Ninco F1 too, but I got spares if you haven't!

Mr.M

· Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
QUOTE (cheater @ 8 Aug 2004, 23:59)Slik,

I'd be interested in knowing what hardware and software you are using to produce such excellent video clips. Care to share them?
Hey there Cheater!

No problem sharing my methods mate.

The footage was all shot on a DV camera, just a little Sony PC100E although I am hoping to get either a Canon XL1 or Sony PD150 later on in the year.

This was then imported into my iBook via Firewire and edited in iMovie 4. Although iMovie is very simple to use it creates some great results and is just a whole lot quicker then using Final Cut Pro or Express for this sort of project.

When finished with editing I export from iMovie as a DV stream and then convert it to Mpg using Cleaner 6. Job Done!

If you have more specific questions please either drop me an email or send me a PM and I will do my best to help.

Cheers,

Julian.

· Registered
289 Posts
Julian,

Thanks for the reply. As a Mac aficionado, I was guessing that you were using iMovie and just simply wanted confirmation of that fact. I find it amazing the level of video editing horsepower Apple has brought to the consumer, though I admit I have never done any desktop video editing myself. My college-age younger son does a lot of vid-editing and in fact is one of the leaders of the iMovie Festival at Emory U. here in Atlanta.

Thanks again and keep up the nice work.

· Registered
167 Posts
Cool video !, especially like the very realistic wheelspin at the start !.

Concerning the R1 curves........I also have a R1 hairpin (squeezed) curve in my circuit and find it to be the most fun part of the track. With both slots moving into the centre of the track piece the cars in both lanes can get their tails out without hitting the barriers.

I think standard R1's tend to be a bit too tight, especially two together but the hairpin versions are great, every circuit should have one

· Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
QUOTE (Fangio @ 9 Aug 2004, 19:42)Nice movies.

Is there anywhere on the Internet i can see more pictures of your track?

Hey there Fangio!

Glad you liked them. I will be updating my site with all new pictures of my cars and current track in the next few days.

Check out the site at the weekend

Here is a plan of it though and a few that are already floating around cyber space;

Not the best photos I'm afraid.

Cheers,

Julian.

· Jamie Coles
515 Posts
Hey there Julian!

I never realised yours was so big!! Must invite mysef over there sometime!

Do you have sufficient silver armco as I have some spare if they're any good to you?

Let me know and I'll bring along on a Wednesday.

J-c

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.