SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All here is my representation of ZZ Tops Eliminator.
It started life as a Life Like 1/32 kit.
I sectioned and chopped the roof. Graphics are copies of the original car.
Chassis is a bits box special. Scalextric Ferrari 430 side winder rear and a metro front end!!! Bit of an odd combination.
Would like a more suitable set of wheels, the hunt is on. Any suggestions welcome.
The original 1 to 1

My version

Comments please

Cheers Geoff

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
Pretty cool.

Most obvious thing which I think you know is the wheels - especially the fronts - maybe just try some narrow tyres till you find some more suitable wheels?

Or could you machine the front wheels down to a narrower width?

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
Those wheels are Bang on!

Now you just need to add beards and guitars to 3 figures !

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (SplitRim @ 15 Jun 2011, 21:12) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Those wheels are Bang on!

Now you just need to add beards and guitars to 3 figures !

cheers, i have been looking at modding a few britain cowboy figures.

·
One petunia in a field of onions
6,455 Posts
QUOTE (SplitRim @ 16 Jun 2011, 06:12) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Now you just need to add beards and guitars to 3 figures !
That would, of course, be 2 dudes with beards and one guy named beard.

Not a bad job. I have to admit, I always did like the Eliminator.

Was it intentional to have the Z-stripes the wrong way round?

Embs

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE (Ember @ 15 Jun 2011, 23:00) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>That would, of course, be 2 dudes with beards and one guy named beard.

Not a bad job. I have to admit, I always did like the Eliminator.

Was it intentional to have the Z-stripes the wrong way round?

Embs
It depends which version car you look at, I copied this one

·
Registered
270 Posts
I think Ember is referring to the fact that you've used the same decal on both sides of the car - they should be mirrored. Still a nice car and the new wheels are much better.

·
One petunia in a field of onions
6,455 Posts
Actually I was referring to the comparison between the original photo posted and the slotty. The original photo has the yellow stripe at the top. Of course, I should've guessed that there'd be variation on the theme.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE (Ember @ 16 Jun 2011, 09:41) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Actually I was referring to the comparison between the original photo posted and the slotty. The original photo has the yellow stripe at the top. Of course, I should've guessed that there'd be variation on the theme.
due to demand after all the videos there were two cars made, don't know if it's that or me being a numpty!!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTE (slotmadmac @ 18 Jun 2011, 22:36) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Great job on this '32. One of the best I have seen. Any chance of a chassis shot?

Mac
Here you go, a Ferrari 430 rear and metro front, odd combination but gave me what i needed.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
dude! the front wheels need to be half that width, i machined all the front wheels and tyres on my carrera rods level to the back plate, looks miles better.your rod is one of the nicest ive seen, if you know where you can still get kits i,m very interested. good work. john.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts