SlotForum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
VFR
You might find this link on routed plastic interesting.
It's worth following another link in that thread to the home site.
CNC Routed Plastic

I must say I quite like the idea of racing in genuine wet conditions.
May have to train the dog to fetch back deslotted cars though!

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
"Crash and Drown " rules - I like that!

Track conductivity in less than ideal conditions got me thinking - I wonder if anyone has any thoughts on the use of the 'Relco' unit used in model train tracks? I have never used one, but the principle seems to be to blast high frequency current through the track to 'burn off' the accumulated crap and enhance pick-up collection.

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
I think Racer Mag must be getting short of subject material to branch out into garden railways! But it does remind me of partially formed, ancient thoughts that N gauge (N for Nine mm) nickel silver, rail track could make a fine starting point for a homegrown slot track system. The rails are already the ideal distance apart and it's very flexible. I have never got around to figuring out a cheap way of producing the actual running surface though. For other purposes, the rail section can be bought as plain strips without sleepers, in yard or possibly metre lengths, reasonably cheaply - used for scratch building, particularly for points/switch tracks. Not magnetic of course - a downside for some people.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.