SlotForum banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

· ParrotGod
12,602 Posts
As someone that likes GT3 and GTLM cars, I am really happy about how things are shaping up for these classes.
Sideways is doing an excellent job delivering so many cars in such a short time.
I appreciate scaleauto cars, the fact that they have 1/24 cars in these classes that go really well, and although I do not have any vested interests (not yet at least) they have a very good track systems. Seriously, nothing to complain here. On the contrary. I am really looking forward to having these cars on my track.

· Registered
3,646 Posts
Same here, have lots of Scaleauto cars, I like their scale accuracy and small details like the aluminum photo etched bits, just not easy to get as other brands around here, also you need a diferent Allen key for the wheels or you will broke the things (ask me how I know).😉

Cheers

· Registered
535 Posts
Which allen key do you need for these cars? I changed the wheels (*) pretty immediately so I forgot how I dismount the original ones (I suppose the 0.9mm )

(*) NSR5010 16-5x8 Air system (NSR axle required)

· Premium Member
7,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Urgh. And double urgh. Only a mother could love that child. :oops:

By coincidence, as an aside, Instagram offered me some BMW advert for the 4 yesterday and, interestingly, folks piled in about poor dealer service which I had assumed was teutonic and gewd.

As you were.

· Registered
2,809 Posts
It's got ,er , presence, it's really just an aggressive interpretation of the old kidney grille.

Looking back weren't sixties and early seventies bimmers and Audi's classic handsome beasts.

Shall be getting one for a GT3 collection.

· Premium Member
266 Posts
If it's accurate lengthwise, this may end up being the longest GT3 on the grid (so far).
The M6 was the longest GT3 yet, on par with the Slot It Maserati Gran Turismo and Nissan GT-R GT3's.
Not counting the M8 which was a GTE - and the laughing stock for some, because of its' huge dimensions compared to others - the M4 GT3 surpasses all of them on size alone (being well over 5m in 1:1 scale). It's not a small car, mind...

Better get used to bigger and bigger cars on track, larger ground clearances and bigger wheel arches to boot as GT3's just aren't the same low-rider styled GT's with wheels tucked up in high in the arches and splitters scraping the track, as GT1's & GT2's used to have up to some 10 years ago.

Just look at 1/32 (or 1/24) Carrera slot cars, while lots of us slot additcts look at their substantial arches and wheels and think they're really oversized, they actually aren't. They are quite accurate...

· Registered
3,646 Posts
Which allen key do you need for these cars? I changed the wheels (*) pretty immediately so I forgot how I dismount the original ones (I suppose the 0.9mm )

(*) NSR5010 16-5x8 Air system (NSR axle required)
Of I’m not wrong Scaleauto uses .95 Allen keys whereas Slot it uses .90, using slot it key on the Scaleauto will ruin the Allen screw(ask me how I know ) 😅

Pa. I use “Wera” Allen keys, best for the money and last a lot.

· Tel
4,395 Posts
I have always used the NSR 0.9mm hex key (with replaceable tips) on slot it and scaleauto wheels with no issues 😊
I do agree Wera keys are good for the money, I have a few of their small screwdrivers and star/torx drivers 👍

· ParrotGod
12,602 Posts
Some updates from Sideways.

Overall, I like what I see. Nice to see the fog lights as separate elements.
There are also some nice details on the side grills.
But it is me or the swan neck supports are too high?
Anyway, better ordering some decals from MTR32....

· ParrotGod
12,602 Posts
To me, the overall dimensions are still off. Looking at the pic above, the shape of the supports is also off.
In all honesty, I do not care that much as most likely I will retain the plastic wing and make the supports in rubber.

· Premium Member
3,311 Posts
To me, the overall dimensions are still off. Looking at the pic above, the shape of the supports is also off.
In all honesty, I do not care that much as most likely I will retain the plastic wing and make the supports in rubber.
I have voiced my critique where applicable at Sideways (like with the pancaked M6) but I think that you'll find the proportions of the M4 to be on par with those of the Bentley MKII.
As I mentioned in that topic nobody does their own 3d work anymore, manufacturers like Sideways just buy them and then prep them for injection moulding. I most likely have exactly the same 3D file that Shapeways used for their M4.
Some of the details are just too similar, like the side mirrors and the early M4 GT3 presentation Wing supports.
Because the moment the first presentation images of any car appear on the web, that's when the 3d guys start doing their stuff. And when finished hardly anybody updates the models to production and/or as race specs.

I will probably have some of the interior cockpit files 3d printed and will have them over to Tim to make some nice semi deep vacformed interiors. Sideways vacforms are blobs 🙄

With kind regards
Tamar

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

· Registered
168 Posts
They might be a bit oversized, but they are also cast solid, where as the OEM wing supports are "open" much like the 720s and as they're of the swan neck design with the wing hanging underneath...they do extend way above the roof line.

with kind regards
Tamar
View attachment 334067
I want a sideways one in THAT livery ! The car is still fugly but the LIVERY is amazing! I seem to like red/yellow paint schemes, but I don’t like red at all. Go figure.

Mike M

· ParrotGod
12,602 Posts
I really do not understand why people think that this car is ugly...Anyway, I think sideways will sell tons of liveries with this car.
Milan (MTR32) has released 8 of the in the last week. Plus he has the Rossi livery coming up.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts