SlotForum banner

Targa Suburbia

149K views 257 replies 56 participants last post by  rallyhub 
#1 ·
Hi freaks,

something new out of my basement after being little bit unlucky with the Targa Strada Del Vino. It is once more a targa theme, scorpius based, little bit smaller this time (to have a chance to get it finished this time). Central item might be a little village, suburbian style, lets say from the late 1960s. But thats far in future. This is what I have untill now:

The area where the truck is located might be the space for the futur village...
Any thoughts welcome.

Regards Jens

See less See more
#6 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi all,

thank you for your positive feedback. @Lasp: There will be 6 lanechangers allowing best lane. It can be handled with Scorpius wireless. Length of both lanes is about 8.8m (about 29ft), best lane is a little bit shorter. Elevations are up to 0.35m (about 1 foot).

Regards Jens

#7 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi girls and boys
... worked little more today: Some sanding and painting. Some more weathering and highlighting needed but not too bad in my opinion so far.

@Slots-o-fun: Elevations are definite now - they will look like this:

Hope you enjoy it. I do!
Regards Jens

#12 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi Bill,

LCs are handmade from 6mm aluminium (takes some time, but worth every minute). Combined with switchmachine from peco and electronics from scorpius (or whatever you use) and it should work. Scorpius is providing a plan how it might be assembled:

Photo by Scorpiuswireless.com - Thanks

Photo by Jorgen -Thanks.

Regards Jens

#13 · (Edited by Moderator)

it´s me again

good luck with your new track, hope "MC Steel" also will go on? Can´t find time to do something on that. Only for scratching a few old cars

Maybe my cars can drive on your built some time?

Hope so

BTW I DO NOT MAKE BAD COMMENTS !?

#15 ·
Hi RecklessRacer, hi all.

thank you for your positive comments. The Toyota is a RACER, the 250GTO was made by FLY. I love both brands for their detailing, most I like the Racers as they have a slot.it chassis and they really are a blast to drive. Many of the Flys look great but dont drive good without tuning. Racers are extremely expensive and the Toyota therefore is the only one I own untill now. I only use it for "recreational cruising" as i dont want to crash it. I preordered a GTO250 from Racer, too but it didnt arrive yet...

Regards Jens

#16 ·
Hi Jens,

why don´t ya built your cras yourself like i do. so you can create a racecar like you need and wanna have like my newest creation on the go? a little lancia

BTW that track looks good , so far

#17 ·
Whoa, the Basement Kid is on the road again, wonderful. This is going to be a blast.

/Christian

#18 ·
Hallo Frank, yes, building them on my own will be one of my future goals. As my time is little I first try to finish the electric part of my track, some scenery then and after all the village. When finished all of that a real nice resin-scratch will be next. For now I am little bit frightend because I did it never before...but I would like to take some photos with your cars when the track is finished...

Hallo Christian, thanks!

Regards Jens

#19 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hello girls and boys,

some little update: Put on all the coppertape, assembled and build in all flippers. They are ready for connection with lanebrains now. Much more wireing and miles of cable needed, but I am happy with the result so far.

Regards Jens

#23 ·
Short message: The targa is up and running (only best lane for now, flippers not working yet)! It is really fun, cars have to be nursed aound the curves in the moment because of sawdust on the track. Regards Jens

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.